CHECKING YOUR INSURANCE FOR OUT-OF-NETWORK BENEFITS
** Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
** If you do not already know the answer to the following questions, it would be beneficial to ask:
1. Does my policy cover outpatient mental health benefits (psychologist, psychiatrist, master's level clinician)?
a. If yes, are Telehealth services covered?
b. Ask if they will reimburse the following CPT codes: 90791, 90837, 90834, 90832
c. For psychological testing: 90791, 96130, 96131, 96136, 96137
2. Do I have an Out-of-Network deductible?
a. If yes, how much is my deductible?
b. How much of my deductible has already been met?
3. Do I need a prior authorization or referral from a primary care provider?
4. What percentage of the Out-of-Network cost will be reimbursed back to me?
5. How do I submit a reimbursement claim
6. How long do I have to submit a claim from the date of service?